1 SKI AREA
Variety in abundance at the Pitztal Glacier & Rifflsee
There’s no such thing as a boring day on THE HIGHEST OF TIROL! The bizarre and unique glacier landscape boasts a wide range of winter sporting opportunities for every level of ability from September to May. The glacier ski area is extended during the winter season by the facilities of the Rifflsee Bergbahnen. Both ski resorts are connected by the Rifflsee downhill run and cover a large and very diverse area encompassing 68 kilometres of pistes.
Beginners and returnees appreciate the wide, uncrowded natural snow slopes. Freeriders will find countless gullies for their adventure. Ski tourers are able to gather first-hand experience on the safe terrain of the Ski touring park before heading out into the open ski area for their first summit tour on the Wildspitze. Snowboarders and freestylers can show off their tricks at the X Park, while those who want to cross-country ski can do so on the high-altitude cross-country ski trail on the glacier or at the Rifflsee. Those who want to experience alpine heights on foot can do so with the pedestrian ticket and enjoy far-reaching views as well as regional delicacies at the highest vantage point in Austria at Café 3440.
X Park - more than just alpine skiing!
The X Park on the Pitztal Glacier offers perfect alternatives to skiing and snowboarding. This includes the cross-country ski centre with skating and classic trails, the “powered by DYNAFIT” ski touring park with three different routes, the fun park with different zones, freeriding as well as ski and boardercross for training teams. It‘s just more than alpine skiing!Xplore more
The sweet refreshment stop in Austria's highest café
A selection of regional delicacies from the in-house confectionery shop is on offer in Austria’s highest coffee house – Café 3440. You can enjoy the Barrista Café with views of Tyrol’s highest mountain peak – the Wildspitze 3,774 m.Café 3440
More than just skiing - discover all the possibilities of winter on the Pitztal Glacier
Your Pitztal - all benefits at a glance
- Skiing from September to May
- Skiing pleasure on wide natural snow slopes in the heart of the glacier ski area
- No queuing for the lifts
- 70 kilometres of slopes, 30 kilometres of off-piste runs and 120 ha of slope area
- X Park Pitztal: Fun park with Family Cross, Fun- and Waveline, Speed Check, ibeX Slope
- Ski tours
- Cross-country skiing centre
- Free Wi-Fi in all mountain restaurants
- tarting point for the ski tour on the Wildspitze
- 2 ski resorts – 1 ski pass
- Use of the Hochzeiger mountain railways is included in the ski pass for 4-day lift tickets and above.
- Use of the Kaunertal Glacier and Fendels mountain railways is included in the ski pass for 6-day lift tickets and above.
- Children up to the age of 10 travel for free
- Complimentary ski shuttle, free parking, e-charging station at the Gletscherexpress valley station